Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[NSW] Riding on the M2

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by J4YGR4Y, Oct 28, 2007.

1. hi all, im just wondering if any1 can give advice or tips for riding on the M2?

i will be riding from the blacktown exit/entrance to Delhi rd (and then up epping rd) starting tomorrow and just wanted to know if any people who currently ride it can give me any tips or hints to help with my travels, i have seen a lot of bikes going down the breakdown lane until an entrance where they merge back into traffic, or so it looks like anyway...

i have only been riding for about a month and have just started filtering myself and im not sure about the (unofficial) protocol for using the breakdown lane & the fast way up the m2.

any advice is greatly appreciated

Jay :grin: :grin:
  2. Its illegal and somewhat dangerous. But most of us do it at some point, just be careful of random debree that might puncture your tyres, etc.
  3. i wouldnt start doing naughty stuff straight away especially if you are green. just take it normally for a week or whatev. pay attention too, people get real impatient on that bloody road. there are a couple of speed cameras, but they face the wrong way for us bikers. isnt unusaul to see blacktown HWP out there, so another reason not to start zipping up the emergancy lane till you have an idea of whats going on.
  4. And if you start using the bus only lane, it is a matter of time before Police are sitting in the traffic and see you, or HWP on a bike is using the same bus only lane and see's you.
  5. hey thanks, yeah i wont be in the heaviest traffic for a few weeks yet, but i thought is sus out my options.

i know its illegal, but most of the time i travel up that road its bumper to bumper, and that REALLY defeats the purpose of me having my bike!

anyway thanks again, if anyone else has any other opinions voice em :grin: :grin: :) :)