Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[NSW][QLD]Moving States on your P's

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Rambo, Oct 3, 2008.

  1. Hey guys, new here and didn't find any topic on this. Anyway so I currently live in NSW and will be going for my motorbike L's soon. However I am thinking of moving back to QLD some time next year but not before I am on my P's.

    What i want to know is if I move to qld whilst still on my motorbike P's will i still be legally allowed to ride and go onto my opens or will I have to give up my P's, get a car license for the specified time and THEN go for my motorbike L's again?

    I have e-mailed both NSW and QLD transport but nsw refered me to qld and qld e-mailed me saying they will e-mail me....few days later the e-mailed me with a number to call. I've been lurking here a while and my understanding is that they will give you a diff answer everytime.

    So...here I am, asking you guys for some help and a straight forward answer. Can i continue to ride when i move to qld and come back down to NSW to get my opens when the time comes?
  2. Was going to post my experience with this but a) the laws have changed since I did it in April, and b) if you get it wrong you may technically be riding without a license which voids your insurance.

    The only safe way to get this info is from the RTA and its QLD cousin as you've been attempting to do.