Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Provisional period question

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Digger, Dec 18, 2005.

  1. Hi guys i just have a quick question regarding my the provisional licence.

    I have completed the 12 month provisional period but i havent had a chance to get in to the RTA to upgrade my licence, i am wondering is it ok for me to keep riding or would it be considered as riding with an expired license?

    My licence doesnt run out until march 06, but that card is also for my car licence and i have no idea if they both run out at the same time or what.

    Anyway thanks to anyone that can help.
  2. You are fine to keep riding - but you are still bound by provisional license restrictions until you visit the RTA and get it upgraded to a full rider license.
  3. Thanks for the reply Mouth.
  4. As Mouth mentioned, you're still bound by the P rules until you get your licence upgraded but you don't have to worry about your licence expiring - provisional rider licences are valid for 18 months and you would probably get a letter from the RTA letting you know you can get a full licence as you approach the 18 month mark.