Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Police Yamaha FJR1300

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by rourkster, Jun 6, 2008.

1. I was at work the other day & got a look at the new FJR's the NSW Police are trialling. What do you think?

2. Don't like them ... not sure if it's the paint job or the flashing lights?
  3. looks like yamaha jus produced a new proto-type of spaceship
  4. I _SOOOO_ want to turn one to the dark side... :cool:
  5. Looks like a big box of arse to me!
  6. Too fast for a cop bike :shock:
  7. Just as well it's got plenty of grunt with all that extra junk they pile onto them. It actually doesn't look any worse than the white BMWs that they used to have.

And I'm still unconvinced of the value of Police having motorcycles at all; I know they say it's because they can get through traffic quicker, etc, but most of the time they're only used to show off in motorcades.
  8. Then they make them as wide as possible...
  9. Mate, it is EASY to split in a big tourer, all it takes is some skill.
    As for teh police Feejers, now I have a bike I can buy in a couple of years at auction, was never going to buy a bloody BMW!

Paul, I have seen a police bike split traffic a couple of times to catch someone driving like an idiot ahead. I think their relative invisibility compared to a marked car makes them a great tool. They'd get rid of em if they weren't turning a profit! :LOL:

Regards, Andrew.
  10. I was talking to one of the guys today about this bike and he told me that NSW wanted to trial the Kawasaki 1400 GTR, but Kawasaki couldn't guarantee the bike could be supplied in white! Unbelievable. Imagine getting to ride one of them for work? :cool:
  11. Much as I hate to say it, Kawasaki can't guarantee a lot of things with the current 1400, quite a few little and not so little faults starting to appear on them.
    The Feejer is a proven machine, the 1400 needs a couple of years more tweaking IMO.

Regards, Andrew.
  12. Beats the living cr@p out of sitting behind a Mac all day ........ :cry:
  13. Bollocks ! How then do they do 60,000km's (which is when the Vic-Pol ones go for auction) and usually it's before the 2 year lease is up.
  14. Lots of showing off?