Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW: Please be careful on The Putty tomorrow..

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' started by hornet, Jul 5, 2013.

1. I did the loop today. The surface has handled the deluge well, except for a badly broken piece of tar just North of the Grey Gum, but The Ten Mile is very dangerous. Because of the cold weather, much of the surface is damp well into the afternoon, and to make matters worse, there is MOSS growing on the road in the second section (north). The cars have scrubbed it off the wheel-tracks, but there's long patches right in the middle of the lane.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Thanks for the heads up Paul.. you reckon it'll come good by Thursday?
  3. It might be better, but winter is never kind to the Ten Mile.
    Either way it will be good to ride the road twice in a short period of time.

(It IS a hazardous road report, too, isn't it smee?)
  4. You know I reckon it's only getting worse that green moss, I went three weeks ago then on Tuesday just gone cough cough ha ha, and found it's the top set of of twisties hey. The sun never seems to hit it direct in winter. Nothing to stop anyone form doing the putty, just be mindful.
  5. Good heads up hornet, some corners are soaking. Plus there's a pothole almost the width of the lane near wollombi.
    Keep alert.
  6. Heading to the Putty from Singleton tomorrow am. Any new info? Thanks
  7. The road in the twists just doesn't get any sun every other bend is damp and cold with mossy edges, I went through last Saturday, other wise it is fine just ride to the conditions.
  8. Thanks mate.
  9. Hohoho... First time on the Putty. What a road. And then the Bells. What an awesome day of riding all the way from Singleton to Grenfell. Yeeeha!