Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

nsw pays $18,000 for arresting addict

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by waedwe, Oct 14, 2009.

1. So sick of ridiculous judgements like this wasting money while the government screws every hard working person
    link http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=875719

So a lady is a coke addict, self admitted, is caught on tapes to a dealer ordering coke for her and her friends, police arrest her, i remember the case on the news at the dealers during a drug raid, she is held for a whole 3 and a half hours! then released and is embarrassed as one might well be.
    And is given $18,000 by a magistrate who finds that the police should not have arrested her :-#

2. I told my parents there was money in drugs.
  3. Many people start dealing drugs BECAUSE they are sick of being screwed by the government.

She admits to using because the penalties for dealing are lots higher.

She says she's an addict, because it diminishes the element of choice, and thus personal responsibility - removing malicious intent or greed from her state of mind in motivation for the crime.

Police officers should not be breaking the law in order to enforce it.
    If you want to talk about a 'greater good' you should read about the success surrounding the legalisation of drugs (cocaine included) in Portugal since 2001, first.

The reason you're all arced up about it is just the result of this chick doing the smart thing and following legal advice.
  4. I just wish governments would stop wasting money on arresting such low end users like this, you know, so they can dedicate more time to important things like speed enforcement....