Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[NSW] P2 Exemption for 25+

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by bradc1988, Jul 9, 2010.

1. So I know there are probably a few people out there like me who have only held a rider license and have never had a car license. My question is to those who decided to get a car license after they were on their full rider license and were over 25, I was wondering if you are exempt from the P2 stage for your car license?

I know that if you are have a full car license you can skip the P2 stage for bikes, I am just wondering if it works the other way. I have a feeling it doesn't, for no explicable reason, just curious.

Cheers.

(Quick forum search and RTA search yielded nothing, which is probably a hint :()

2. Stuck with the whole works mate, red and greens.

3. Thanks for the info. Green P's until I'm at least 28, awesome.

4. should have started earlier :p

sorry, cheap shot :LOL:

5. I got my FULL licence in Canberra at age 17 -- there were no p plates or anything in those days - no points system etc

6. Was 23 before i got my full car licence... and a family friend is 57 and on her red Ps with greens to go yet :p.

7. They had P's in the days of horse and cart Paul :rofl: