Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Featured NSW "P" test

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by UncannyMan, May 3, 2015.

1. Hi all, just wondering how long should I book in advance for the "L" plate to "P" test at Clyde. I don't want to get caught out. I still have plenty of time on my "L's" remaining but starting to think about it. I plan on waiting till the end of August or Early September as the weather is generally clearer and less chance of rain in Sydney however if it was to rain on the day i would just have to wear it.

2. once you've passed any minimum time requirement for having your Ls, and your comfortable with your riding book it in
  3. You might find (as I did) that they often don't release the schedule until only a couple of weeks beforehand. For example, they didn't seem to put up the non-school holiday times on the website until the last week of the school holidays. RMS seemed to have the same level of visibility when I phoned them as was on the web site.

So if you look in August or September now, there probably won't be anything you can book yet anyway. Take Jeffco's advice: book in when you're ready.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. My suggestion is that you should try and book it in at least a month before hand, this gives you time to get your confidence up and also gives you peace of mind that you have it booked, this is what I did and by no means am I right but good luck with what you do :) just make sure you have some confidence in your abilities you know
  5. Well, have you made it down to the Homebush practice area?

On the likes of the 125 you have, the actual MOST should be a piece of piss, and, once you have done it a couple of times, you should feel comfortable doing it.

As for the road ride, only you can tell if you are comfortable with that.

As far as the weather goes..... good luck guessing.

A sad fact of life is that a motorbike rider can't always ride in the dry...... sooner or later, you will get caught having to ride in the wet. You might as well get used to it.
  6. Like other have mentioned they generally put their schedule up within 1 month or so in advance. I booked my MOST test in advance so that on the day I took it I was exactly 3 months on my L's but I had to wait a few weeks before they loaded the schedule on the RMS website.

Practice as much as possible in the rain I say, you never know when you'll be caught out. It actually rained on the day of my test and it wasn't a problem, even the least confident in our group (scooter rider who was lucky to ride once a week) passed her MOST test no problem.

Good luck! & try to make it to a homebush learner session if you haven't already :)