Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

(NSW) Opinions on learner ride

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Ruckus, May 25, 2015.

1. Hi all,

I'm planning on a small ride tomorrow during the day (day off work :]) and was hoping to go on this ride (mapped out in Google maps) - https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/...dfc2!2m2!1d151.11265!2d-33.773824!2m1!2b1!3e0

Could someone let me know if this is an OK ride for me as I'm still a learner with ~700km under my belt and any things I should be aware of?

I've ridden on The Comenara Parkway and New Line Rd (only until the Hastings Rd turn off).

Thanks.

2. Its a very short ride suitable for anyone. You may encounter some traffic all the way up there. I would take a ride on the Old Pacific Hwy or the Putty before I did the run in that traffic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks Tweet.

Is there somewhere to stop off at Old Pacific Highway for a break?

4. Thanks Andrew.

I'll take a look at those places and plan the ride.

Any particular time of day is best for minimal traffic?

5. If your going tomorrow anytime after 9am is good on a weekday

6. Thanks.

7. Old Pacific Highway is an amazing ride.

Very little traffic compared to M1. Gave way to lots of bikes and a few cars on the straights.

Not as daunting as I thought it would be.

• Like Like x 1
  8. During the week it's awesome hey, did u go all the way to Gosford ? How'd u go through the ice box ? ( on the last section b4 sommersby, big corner with green moss all over the road) scary stuff when the roads wet, actually it's scary in the dry

9.  Top
  10. No I think it's right in the middle of screen where the 83 is

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. I did a u-turn at Calga just before the M1 turn off so didn't get that far.

Next time I'll try to ride to Gosford and hopefully meet some fellow NR's.