Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW - Olympic Dr, Lidcombe - raised metal plate

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' at netrider.net.au started by GJ384, Oct 23, 2012.

1. On my way to work this morning I went over a new metal plate in the middle lane on Olympic Drive in Lidcombe - just next to the McDonald's on the intersection at Vaughan St - Map here: http://goo.gl/maps/hgNi3

When wet those metal plates are problematic enough for bikes, but this one is raised at least three inches above the ground as well - wouldn't want to hit it by surprise.

I was in the car today (4WD) but still really felt the bump, even after slowing down - will be staying out of the middle lane when I'm on the bike until they fix this up...

• Like Like x 2
  2. haha. i should've posted a warning before you. it felt quite bad on a cbr125. they didnt even have road-plate signs at the time (or maybe i didnt see it because i was sandwiched between cars).

stay safe people :)

3. 3"..............really.......????

You realise this is 76mm......~7.6cm........that is one BIG ridge of steel sticking out of the road...........

4. giant plate of steel about 0.5" and a really shitty job of "ramping" it with tar. - quite likely 3"

5. If so......that sounds absolutely terrible....................](*,)

6. Yep, not kidding about the 3" - it's hopeless. Couldn't believe it when I saw it - felt like I should put in a complaint somewhere, but not sure if it would be the council or RTA responsibility...