Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[NSW]NRMA road service - I'm confused

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by RodSyd, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Not long after I got my first bike I rang the NRMA to get it added to my existing roadservice membership for the family cage. The person I spoke to at the time said it didnt work that way and I would have to join a 2nd time to cover the 2nd vehicle, being a bit of a tightwad I decided against this and have been riding "unprotected" so to speak. Anyhow karma caught up with me today and I picked up a 5 centimeter selftapping woodscrew in the rear tyre which caused a large hole and rapid deflation. When I rang NRMA I was expecting to be told the callout would cost me money as I'd have to join on the spot. After quoting my existing membership number which is attached to the car rego the girl was happy to book me a tow truck and I would be eligible for the free 20km (Im a tightwad, only basic membership for me). As I see it someone stuffed up, either the first call was handled incorrectly and I was covered all along with my existing membership or the second call was mishandled and I got that rare thing - a freeby. Anyone else found their bike to be covered for roadservice with their cage membership?