Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[NSW] Nowra, to south and beyond! - Saturday, 5th November

Discussion in 'NSW' at netrider.net.au started by Lurch, Nov 1, 2005.

1. The locals have asked me to post on their behalf, announcing their intention to depart from South Nowra Caltex (opposite McD's) no later than 9:30 in the AM. Going to hit the Princes Highway south as far as people are willing to go, but likely to be Batemans Bay - Mogo type distance. I've only done this once before - once you get south of Ulladulla the road is great. Hopefully the weather will be fine and the cops otherwise occupied.

Wollongong-ites, im looking in your direction...

2. Pending approval from the MFW (Minister for Finances and War) and the fact that there's another ride I've been invited to that day, the answer is yes. And Bateman's bay ought to be easy, it's only 139 kays from Nowra, 278 kay round trip.

3. I thought SWMBO was actually the "Leader of the Opposition".

SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed

4. I shouldn't say that really, my wife is wonderful about my dangerous hobby, (as she used to be a rider herself)

5. There you go. Learn something new everyday... :D

6. Looks like there is a Bike show something on in Milton on Satueday as well. So we'll probably drop in there as well. :D

7. "Sitting alone at the station, waiting for the train that never comes." Janis Ian

So what the heck happened, guys??

I ride down from Wollongong in the pouring rain cos the ride isn't cancelled on the forum, sit at maccas at South Nowra till after 10:00 AND NO-ONE SHOWS!!! I checked the Caltex on several occasions too, including getting some money from the ATM, but all that turned up there was a mob of Harleys.

Well ya boo sucks to you, cos I met 5 other people, two ladies on scooters and three guys on bikes and I went for a ride with them, and had lunch with them, AND, it turned out, one of the ladies I knew when I was 10 years old and hadn't seen for 46 years!!! How's that for a small world????

Just kidding about razzing you, but if we are going to organise rides, we need to have phone numbers so we can re-schedule, cancel or re-organise without this sort of stuff-up stuffing up.

8. I am so, so sorry.
    Ive PMd you my Mobile for future plans.

Im glad you ended up having a good day.
    I ended up sleeping straight thru my alarm anyways, so i would have been late. I only woke up to my mate ringing me to say "Nah!"