Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[NSW] No standing rule

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by michael_lp, Oct 9, 2009.

1. This isnt a motorcycle/bike topic. Its a car topic.
    I want to post it here because this forum is very active .so i can get more responses.

For the past 3 months, everyday after work, I drop my coworker off near the entrance to a shopping centre. It probably takes 15 seconds to drop them off and i'm not blocking any car behind us because I move to the left. Anyway, I just realised that there was a "no standing" sign there.

Then I looked up and there looks to be a camera on the wall. It's not a traffic camera . It looks like a security surveillance camera for the shopping centre.

This might be a silly question but...
    Can the camera be used to fine me for this?

"no standing" = "no stopping"rule

thank you very much
  2. Four minutes between posts? We are a forum, not your personal legal team.

I'd say that the footage would stand if used as evidence. But on the other hand if it isnt a camera used for the purposes of fining people the odds of that happening are slim. Also, I haven't seen a no standing sign in years...

The rest of your answers can be found here.
  3. Can it?
    Most Likely
    Would any one go through the footage without reason to try to find people to book?
    Most Likely Not
    If that is your biggest stress today, you are doing well
  4. Seems to be the M.O of this poster. 6 posts, all of them about cameras of some kind.
  5. Yeah. I'm usually not that scathing. However considering that over the past year, all three threads have been questions regarding road law...

A very patient troll, perhaps?
  6. The rule for no standing has become amalgamated with the rule for no stopping. No standing signs have been changed accordingly. Any no standing signs that havnt been changed are to be considered no stopping signs.
  7. If you're so worried about the camera: vandalise it.

You're already breaking the law anyways, aren't ya?
  8. You have nothing to worry about in terms of the camera. But I also think you have too much time on your hands / too paranoid ;)
  9. it would seem you have discovered us Michael.
    we are always watching you from one camera or another.
    recently we even drilled holes in your ceiling and installed small web cams, so we can view you from every room in your house.
    you can view your day to day life here>http/www.michael_Ip/webcam/files
    anyway, because you are onto us, very soon now we will be comming for you, to lay our eggs in your brain, so we can harvest your skin, for the secret blackmarket human skin trampoline trade.
    you can run, but you can't hide, Michael...look around you, our cameras are everywhere.