Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[NSW] Newcastle- trip to Morisset for lunch, Sat Apr 29th

Discussion in 'NSW' at netrider.net.au started by ForumBot, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Added to Calendar by: Andrew

Meeting at Warners bay McDonalds carpark at 10.30 am, depart 11 am.
    Heading down to Morisset through Toronto and teh west side of the lake, all 60-90m/h speed limits, so learners most welcome(hey, I am one too!).
    About 35kms each way.
    Anyone comi...

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.

2. Hurrah! It worked! Hope to see as many of you Newcastle riders tehre as possible.
    Get out there, make bike friends and enjoy the scenery!

Regards, Andrew.

3. count me in, that is if I can find warners bay, and the maccas there lols, I know the maccas on the pacific highway at swansea (just before the seperated dual carriageway heading to central coast) and I know how to get to the John Hunter hospital - any chance of some directions from either of these spots? (are they even close?)

4. If you are at John Hunter hospital, head south on the newcastle bypass and take the hillsborough Rd exit. Turn right and follow that and you will come to a shopping area. McDonalds can be accessed by turning at the service station and driving through, or if you miss the servo turn, go to teh roundabout, turnround and then into the macas driveway.
    If coming from Belmont, easiest way is to get on teh bypass again, and folow that to the hillsborough rd exit, and turn left instead of right.

Regards, Andrew.

5. cheers mate, that dont sound too hard to find :)

6. It's pretty easy to find!
    If anyone is thinking of coming, I need to know tonight, as I might book a table to be sure we get a feed and need to know numbers.
    Remember, it's open to all experience level riders, I wil be taking it east for everyone!

Regards, Andrew.

7. Rain clearing this morning guys. I see blue sky and radar has it just about gone, so I wil be at the meet point.
    If anyone apart from Prawns is coming along, please speak up!

Regards, Andrew.

8. Yeah chirp up ya bunch of pikers :grin:
    Im lookin forward to seeing some of lake macquarie / morrisett without getting lost and confused :)

9. good to meet you prawns n typhoon.

maybe we'll see you on the wolambi pub ride day for lunch also.

10. Yeah it was good meeting you all - god that steak sandwich was huge :)
    I nearly got pinged on the way home, but just got pointed at instead! - todays my lucky day :)

11. was it much of a trip down from port stevens ? how long did it take you ?

12. Its not a huge trip by any means - Im about 50clicks north of newcastle, It took me about a hour to get to warners bay I guess (but the roads were really wet for a while) not sure how long it took us to get to morriset from there cause i was havin too much fun :)

On the other hand, using the F3 I was home in 45minutes from leaving the pub, including a fuel stop.
    Luck was definatly on my side rainwise, managed to stay just ahead of a decent drenching near where I live :)

Time to crack a tinny or 2

13. Yes, it was good to meet you guys and tack faces to the names. Hopefully next time there'll be even more Newcastle riders along.

14. Yeah, was great to actually meet other Netriders, wasn't sure if they existed! Dunno about the Wollembi run, will have to see what's happening at home, we have a new puppy and I have my licence test next saturday(fingers crossed!).
    Anyone in Newcastle should come along next time...if you have only been riding around newcastle itself, you are missing out on what teh region has to offer.

Regards, Andrew.

15. Yeah, was great to actually meet other Netriders, wasn't sure if they existed! Dunno about the Wollembi run, will have to see what's happening at home, we have a new puppy and I have my licence test next saturday(fingers crossed!).
    Anyone in Newcastle should come along next time...if you have only been riding around newcastle itself, you are missing out on what teh region has to offer.

Regards, Andrew.

16. Yeah, was great to actually meet other Netriders, wasn't sure if they existed! Dunno about the Wollembi run, will have to see what's happening at home, we have a new puppy and I have my licence test next saturday(fingers crossed!).

Regards, Andrew.