Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[NSW] Newcastle Salvation Army Tinned Food & Blanket Appeal,

Discussion in 'NSW' started by ForumBot, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Added to Calendar by: rourkster

Meet at Hexham Maccas at 9am for brekkie and chat. Ride to Sandgate Markets when run commences at 10am & heads to Bar Beach carpark. Hand over tinned food, blankets and clothing to the Salvos. Poker Run starts at 11am for destinations unknown.

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.
  2. Sounds good to me. See you there rourkster.

3. I may have missed it, but... what's the date for that? Sorry if that's bleedingly obvious but I can't see it.

EDIT : Bah I missed it. Sunday 15th April.
  4. I have seen this being advertised lately, hope to get a good turnout and cross your fingers for nice weather :)

I should be there.

And anyway rourkster, where have you been, we have all been missing you!!

5. yes I second that Simon WTF have you been. ive left heaps of messages for ya you big blouse.
    Im not sure I have the right number......

Looking forward to seein those leathers in action..has been a while
  6. I have just noticed that the start time for the ride to depart sandgate is 10am, however i think it may be 9am??? I will check it out....

7. Hi guys.....Is there a bike run after arriving at Bar Beach?????? and where to?????? :p
  8. Yes, the poker run is held after this event, I think it is held by the 'Hunter Valley Bikers'.

We could always organise a ride somewhere afterwards??

P.S. ...... SIMON ........ are you here ........ SIMON!!!!!
  9. Need more info?... :p
  10. im really keen to go for a ride with u guys if u can give more details on where and what time it would be great. are u guys organising your own ride afterwards????? im in if u do :grin:
  11. henno nice eyes....You rock :p
  12. the skin has stretched around my eyes from having my visor open too often at high speeds lol lol :LOL: :LOL: no no its not me, but i found it quite incredible :shock: :LOL: soooooo whats happening with this ride?? can u tell me what a poker run is?? do they play poker for real :oops: :oops: am i a dumb a$$ for asking? :oops: can u explain a poker run? :wink:
  13. OK, for a start, the "Salvation Army tinned food and blanket appeal" starts at 9am from sandgate regional produce markets, Rural Dr, Sandgate, a few of us are meeting at Hexham maccas about 8.30am for breaky.

The poker run i think involves a buy in price, about $20 (proceeds to charity) where you will get a list of destinations to ride to, get a card, ride to next meet, get a card and so on until you finish, usually in the Maitland area, where the best hand wins prizes donated by various companies. Also i think there is a band and stuff at the end point.

I havn't been on a poker run myself, but i have been told it is a good day out, and again most proceeds are donated to charity, all for a good cause i say ......

I suppose depending on popular concencus, we may organise a bit of a cruise somewhere ourselves, maybe dodge the few hundred harleys expected to attend the poker run..

Hope the bit more info helps, and hope to see you there.

14. I would be interested doing either.........if someone would like to organise a run somewhere interesting..........if all you guys are doing the poker run, id be in that also....... :bannanabutt: :rofl: :biker:
  15. im up for anything! i havnt been in newcastle for long so im out for suggestions for a good place to ride.ill come if u guys will put up with me.i havnt been on any group rides as such so im looking foward to it! :grin:
  16. how many nr's are going?
  17. I'm interested, but I havent been on a ride before and I'm still on my L's so I wouldn't want to slow people down.
  18. hey squash come along!!!!!! u wont slow me down. i go slow compared to most. it'll be good to meet some new people. this is my first ride with a group so i wont be hammering anywayz. just doooo iit :p
  19. itll be good to see that nice new hyosung of yours aswell. from what ive heard there a nice 250!
  20. Haha. Well I think so but it depends on who you ask I think. :wink: