Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[NSW] New points system and its effects on P-platers.

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Ljiljan, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Given the gov seems to be going ahead with its 1 point deduction for speeds of <10 km/h over limit, will the stance on the no-tolerance on p-platers speeding change? or will they still lose their whole license on a 1 point offense?

Also, If the motorcyclist in question also has their full car license, do they have full access to their 12 points while on a MC?

2. As its always been, if you are on Ps for bike and full 12 points on car, if you acrue 4 points on the bike you can't ride until the suspension period is over, but can still drive. I was in that situation, except green Ps for car and red Ps for bike.

As for the lowering of demerit points, I thought they were changing it to 2 points instead of 3 for <15kmh over? Haven't been following the story too much.
  3. cheers mate. yeh i havnt been following it either. Pretty sure i read 1 point for < 10km/h, 3 <20, 4 <30 and so on. might be wrong
  4. http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25125766-5006784,00.html
  5. Pretty sure the zero tolerance for P plate speeding will remain just that, zero tolerance.
  6. they will lose 4 points for a one point offense... fair enough, we are trying to save their lives after all
  7. :LOL: :LOL: funniest thing I've heard all day.

8. there goes the speed limit + GST

luckily my speedo on my car reads about 10% lower than it is so i can hoon around all day thinking i'm getting my GST back from the government but really i'm being a good little australian robot citizen (which is the aim)
  9. You sure about that Phizog?
  10. yeh i have heard both ways so i wasnt sure. It would be grat if i had 12 points available when i get my p's and blacks