Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW MP quits over gay sex scandal

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by quietman, May 20, 2010.

1. http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/7268003/mp-quits-over-gay-sex-scandal/

A married MP using his taxpayer funded car to visit a gay sex venue called "KKK" while his wife is at home battling cancer. Could it get any worse?

Well yes. Apparently he sends his constituents taxpayer funded Christmas cards with photos of his wife and children presumably to show how great a family man he is ... bravo Campbell bravo =D>

2. Im sure theres a completely rational explanation for all this.

3. they never lie

but i really feel for his mrs and kids who just found out hes a knob jockey

4. Yes he likes having gay sex, so he jumped in his car and drove to a place where he could get such.
    The actual story here is that he's historically campaigned as an honourable family man when in reality he's cheating on his wife.
    All the rest is fluff.

5. thank you for the letter you sent me yesterday mr campbell, five months after I contacted you, and after you stabbed all the NSW public in the back in the name of "road safety" otherwise known as "We're $1'000'000'000 in debt, give us more". Good riddance.

Come on Tripodi, hit up some gay swingers bar would you?

6. Ha! We can only but hope.

So that's two in as many weeks, wasn't it? A labor pollie was done last week for lying to the ICAC?

What a wonderful government y'all have up there.

7. problem is it's not isolated to up there, show me a politician and I'll show you a hypocritical liar out to make a name for themselves or line their own pockets...

8. If they're obsessed with family values, the sanctity of marriage, or generally homophobic, there's good odds they're also closet homosexuals or sex fiends. It happens with monotonous regularity, or should I say, hilarity.

9. Wollongong seems fundamentally incapable of producing an honest, straight politician, honestly :roll:.

10. Zackley. The media have an informal agreement with politicians that they will ignore their indiscretions unless they become hypocritical about it.

Using a government car to run personal errands is so minor it doesn't even rate on my radar. The vast majority of companies accept this as normal.

You do have to wonder how much his wife knew.

11. She could have been his 'beard'

12. I think his wife should be left out of discussing HIS situation.

13. Whilst it may not conform to most peoples definition of a standard relationship, if we are going to roast a man for cheating on his wife, we should be at least sure he was.

14. This "resignation" was it as a minister or did he really resign, ie. from Parliament?

If the former, then it's merely lip service. He'll trot back to the back bench, do his time, sitting on his arse bludging off the taxpayers, til his term is up.

If his constituents are stupid enough to vote him back in should he stand again, what's the bet that he'll get another ministerial post, provided of course, Labor is re-elected?

15. I think he resigned as minister? He is staying as an MP.

And I second, make sure before roasting him "for cheating" on his wife that she actually didn't know about his sexuality (bi/gay/whatever)

16. Paraphrasing someone from this mornings news.

Why is it that a politician can make a huge f*ck up with the introduction/implementation of policy but keep their job? Yet when they become embarresed by their personal life, they resign or get sacked.

I feel for the mans family, whether they knew or not, it's now public knowledge and that's got to hurt. But, I'm glad the man is gone, even if it's not for the right reasons.

Now we just have to get rid of the rest of the NSW Government I'd we'd be laughing.

17. My understanding is he only resigned as minister but will stay in parliament as a backbencher still drawing a huge salary & benefits while doing even less than he did as minister ](*,)

18. But is it illegal for him to use the government car of personal errands?

If it is not, why should he resign? Everything else is personal. It might not make him very electable next time, but that doesn't mean he should abandon his post.

19.  Top
  20. Apparently not.

I can't stand the NSW Premier, but this is about the most sensible thing I've heard her say:

It's sad that Campbell was so ashamed and scared of the reaction that he needed to keep it a secret. And his fears appear well founded.