Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[NSW] Motorcyclists don't need to pay for parking

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by jawntybull, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Most of us have heard of the City of Sydney's draft policy, allowing motorcycles to park in parking meter spots and not pay the fee. The only requirement is that you don't exceed the time limit. Limited to the City and local environs, out as far as Redfern I think.

Out at Homebush Bay (Olympic Park) this week for a three day conference - they have all day parking, via ticket machines, for $15. Of course, there's no-where to put the ticket on the bike that is secure. Anyway I flagged down a ranger and asked him, and he said I could park in any legal space and not have to buy a ticket - so it's the same policy at City of Sydney. Saved me $45.

So that's two councils now... anyone know of any others? Or is this practically the rule now all over Sydney?
  2. First I've heard of that, and I'm at Sydney Olympic Park (SOP) every weekend...

Keep in mind, SOP is controlled by Sydney Olympic Park Authority, not a council. If you park in one of the surrounding councils and don't pay you're likely to get a fine.
  3. There is free motorcycle parking inside the P1 carpark at SOP. It's to the left as you enter the carpark. No need to get a parking ticket.
  4. +1
  5. was at Burwood for 4 days training, bought a ticket each day, asked the grey ghost what the procedure was, she stated that, if the ranger determines that you are in breach, they will issue a ticket, but as there is no where suitable to place it, it will come in the mail, if, like me you had a ticket for the days parking, you then have to send both the infringement notice & your ticket in to have it canceled.
    Would be a damn sight simpler to have free bike parking.
  6. It's not all its cracked up to be..

Since the new laws have come in, I've been fined twice for parking longer then the signage & have been left a little present where I've never had been before.

Thinks it's ticked off a few of the nazis.

7. So you overstayed and got booked and you blame the "Nazis" for doing what they are paid for.

ah ha :?
  8. Why was i not informed earlier :p
    I go to every single souths game and drive because i did not know where to park my bike.
    NO LONGER!!!