Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Motorcycle Police Patrolling

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Siwagod, May 7, 2013.

1. Not sure if this is right forum. Mods feel free to move if it isn't.

Just spotted two MB cops on Epping Rd near Macquarie Park targeting bikes. Booked one guy for filtering.
    They seemed to be hanging around the area.

Just keep an eye out.

• Like Like x 1
  2. on the F3 this morning there was 6 times the police that there usually is... (i saw 3).

they might just be getting their quota up before the end of their timeframe

3. What's the fine for filtering? I'm not one to take the law into my own hands but i also recognise laws that need to be abided by and laws that are the only practical way to deal with the lowest common denominator.

Eentirely unlike running a red light, there are two sides to the filtering argument and i'm not trying to get to my destination quicker as much as I don't want to get boned from behind because someone is too busy texting. So if it means I'm safer then nanny cop can spare me the lecture and just write me my ticket.

Anyway no need to get into that debate here. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. AFAIK there isn't explicitly one. They'd charge with something different so it depends on what they choose to charge the rider with.

5. I got 2 points and something like a $130 fine a couple of years ago for "not keeping in lane" or some-such nonsense.

Filtering wasn't mentioned but the police chap who stopped me was clearly having a bad day.

The disheartening thing about it was the lecture I got about how it's dangerous to "Jump the queue" as cars may not see me coming through - I realised that there was no point trying to reason with him at that point.