Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Motorcycle Alliance

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by motorcycle alliance, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Hi all.

Just a quick note to let you all know the NSW Motorcycle Alliance now has a profile here on Netrider. We will be checking in when we can and contributing to threads where we may have relevant info. We may also ask you for your opinions on certain matters for when we are working with government agencies such as the MAA and the Centre For Road Safety, or working with the ministers for roads or transport.

If you have any questions for us, you can contact us here via Netrider, or there's always our Facebook page and website as well. Google is your friend... we're not here to advertise.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome.​
  3. WELCOME to NetRider!
  4. Welcome to NR.
  5. the subliminal messages that may or may not exist in our marketing material is entirely a matter for you to interpret in your own special way. Just don't blame us when Plod wants an explanation!

By the way, the website is undergoing a pretty major revamp at the moment, so it will improve as we go along.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Good to see you here.
  7. You guys are associated with the motorcycle council of nsw aren't you ?
  8. No, the MCC and the NSW Motorcycle Alliance are totally separate bodies. The MCC is a council consisting of member clubs and it is run by volunteers. The Alliance has financial members who pay to join and in return receive services such as roadside assistance. A bit like the NRMA is the easiset way to describe it. The MCC represents the members of its member clubs and the Alliance represents its members, who include both individual motorcyclists, clubs, and the motorcycle industry.
  9. Can you give us some details of the Roadside Assistance? $35 a year seems to good to be true but sounds amazing if it's all in order.
  10. All the info is at http://www.motorcyclealliance.com.au/roadside-assistance/
    Seems similar to the one offered by Australian Riders Division except the 50 km for the Motorcycle Alliance is 50 km Round Trip for towing whereas with the ARD the 50 km is from the point of pick-up.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Alliance. Hope you can provide valuable input and enjoy your interaction.
  11. $35 a year and an extra $20 per bike if you have more than one. You are entitled to 2 free callouts per year to assist with breakdowns, flat tyres, flat batteries, etc. Free towing up to 50km is included. Nationwide cover. You do not need to be a NSW resident to join the NSW Motorcycle Alliance... we have members all over Australia.
    More info at our website

It does sound too good to be true, especially when you consider NRMA will charge the best part of $200 a year for similar cover, often using the same contractors. We can do it cheaply because we are a not-for-profit organisation that aims to provide services to motorcyclists. There will be more services added for members as we go along as well.

You beat me to it!

I think you will find the MA riders division has the same towing deal as us, although their website isn't specific. I will happily be proved wrong on that, but I have a feeling it's the same deal... we're just a little cheaper. With our cover the 50km round trip basically means your 50km starts from the point where they pick you up and ends when they get back to their depot. So basically if you are between Bathurst and Orange for example, and a guy from Orange comes to get you, you get 50km free from the time he loads the bike on. If he takes you back to Orange and it's under 50km you're sweet, but if you want to go to Bathurst instead then the km count will be from point of pick up to Bathurst and then back to Orange. In any case it will be up to the member to work out with the driver where they want to be towed to, and if it takes you over the 50km limit you can work out the cost with them at the time. The system isn't designed to necessarily tow you home or to your favourite shop (although that may be possible depending on where you are), but it is designed to get you out of the shit and get you and your bike somewhere safe where it can be repaired so you can continue your journey, or find accommodation if it can't be fixed straight away.

The "round trip" km measuring system is the industry standard for this, and I know the company who provides the service for the Riders Division and that's how they do it, which is why I'm assuming it's the same round trip type deal.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Thanks. Now I get the "Round Trip" thing.
    ARD uses 24/7 which I assume is the same as you use. In some areas it is probably the same contractor anyway.