Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[nsw] mobile speed cameras may make a come back.

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by evelknievel75, Jan 2, 2010.

1. http://www.smh.com.au/national/police-back-call-for-mobile-speed-cameras-20100101-llrp.html

"PRESSURE is mounting on the Keneally Government to curb the state's soaring road toll by re- introducing mobile speed cameras, after revelations senior NSW police support the move.

The Herald has learned Assistant Commissioner John Hartley wrote to then police minister Tony Kelly three months ago recommending digital mobile speed cameras be deployed on NSW roads.

....Mr Hartley's briefing paper emerged following a freedom-of-information request from the road safety campaigner Harold Scruby, who was originally told by police they held no records on the history of mobile cameras in NSW because the documents had been ''culled''."

](*,) ...lovely article on this, just the way to bring on the new year..

2. Re: nsw

Very much hoping this doesn't happen.
    I already devote a part of my attention to identifying potential unmarked cop cars.
    I don't want to devote another to identifying roadside camera's.

3.  Top