Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[NSW] MCC of NSW Ride to Molong, Sun Nov 5th

Discussion in 'NSW' at netrider.net.au started by ForumBot, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Added to Calendar by: Gregg

Molong Awareness Ride

Sunday 5 November 2006

Bring your mates and make a day of it at Molong, a leisurely cruise from where you live.

Coffee Carts, Live Music, Sausage Sizzle, Food Stalls, Bakery, Trade Stalls, Show'N Shine - a festival atmosp...

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.

2. This is the MCC webpage for the ride.

This is a long one-day ride for Sydney-siders - about 480km return from Penrith without taking any detours. So if you were coming from the coast, you'd be looking at about 600km for the day.

One option is to leave from Windsor and do Bells and then hit the Highway to Molong. Timings would be 0730(zero seven-thirty) for a 0800(zero eight-hundred - sorry, couldn't help myself :LOL: ) departure from McGrath's Hill's finest scottish dining restaurant(Maccas for the uninitiated).

Can't see where exactly in Molong this is happening so I am assuming the place is small enough that it can't be missed.

3. I'm a possible for this one

4. Hey marvin. missed you on the Tamworth ride. No lyre birds :LOL:

5. The guy who owns the Molong Motor Inn is the same guy who owns the Molong butcher shop... if you stay at the hotel, you get the BEST cuts of meat.

I have had 1.2kg steaks there - you cook them yourself on a big hot-plate in the dining. Kitchen will do salad and chips for you.
    Grab a bottle of the local red, Little Boomey vineyard does a top merlot.

6. I done this ride last year, it pissed down with rain. The ride officially leaves from Law's bike shop in Orange at 0900 ( on the left as u come into town heading west). Molong is a one horse town but is friendly and they put on a good show. Bundy and I will make the pilgrimage and a few mates will tag along, we are leaving my shop in Sydney ( TJ's M/C Perf' in Minchinbury)around 0500/0530 Sunday, all welcome.
    Cheers,
    Tex & Bundy.

7. Hey Guys,
    At the moment i'm planning on coming along. I'm thinking of heading up to Parkes on saturday from Sydney and staying the night in Parkes so i'm not stuck with quite so much riiding just on the sunday. MMC website said some people are planning on meeting in parkes about 9ish to head over to molong. I'm only on my Ls, so if anyone is interested in coming up with me on saturday or coming back with me on the sunday please give me a yell, i'd love some compony for the ride.
    Thanks,
    Paul

8. Hey Guys,
    At the moment i'm planning on coming along. I'm thinking of heading up to Parkes on saturday from Sydney and staying the night in Parkes so i'm not stuck with quite so much riiding just on the sunday. MMC website said some people are planning on meeting in parkes about 9ish to head over to molong. I'm only on my Ls, so if anyone is interested in coming up with me on saturday or coming back with me on the sunday please give me a yell, i'd love some compony for the ride.
    Thanks,
    Paul

9. Hey Guys,
    Thanks,
    Paul

10. Hey Guys,
    Thanks,
    Paul

11. Hey Guys,
    Thanks,
    Paul

12. Hey Guys,
    Thanks,
    Paul

13. Hey Guys,
    Thanks,
    Paul

14. Hey Guys,
    Thanks,
    Paul

15. Hey Guys,
    Thanks,
    Paul

16. Hey Guys,
    Thanks,
    Paul

17. WOW, LOL, ok, is it netrider, or just me thats stuffin up big time, cos this aint the first time this happened to me, all though it wasn't like 10 posts the other times, and i see it happen to other people a bit too. Whats goin on? lol.

18. Click once.

Wait.

If it stops thinking, cut/copy what you've written. Go back to the thread and refresh with Ctrl-F5.

If your post hasn't appeared there, THEN paste what you tried to post before in the window and repeat this procedure.

Or there's a gremlin in your computer... always possible.

19. Hey guys,
    Just thought I'd let your know, the weathers great out here at the moment. When I left sydney early this arvo it was pissin down, but after lithgow it started to clear up. So if anyones still not doin anything tomorow and thinkin rides aren't good cos of the weather, then come on out cos its great for riding out here.

Paul

20. For me to get to Minchinbury by 5, I would have to up at 3.30. No chance of that after 4 hours sleep last night. So I will be leaving a bit later and will be getting some quick k's down early by going the Great Western on the way up instead of going via Windsor and Bells. May make a slight country detour here and there once in the hills.

From the MCC website, some of the suggested meeting places for other groups include:
    Lithgow - 8.15 BP Service station, Mitchell Highway
    Bathurst - 10.00 McDonalds rear carpark
    Orange - 11.00 Sam Laws Motorcycles, Mitchell Highway.