Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[NSW] Mac Pass

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' at netrider.net.au started by ginji, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Usual stuff in this weather, it's wet and slipperly, but if you're heading down the pass there is an extra problem. Someone has leaked oil down the entire pass, mostly spots here and there, but also some longer trails leading upto and around corners that will cause the most issues.

Also, a couple of corners have debris on them, mostly leaf/bark/etc.

2. So, usual story, eh? Well, I can personally attest to how slippery that stuff can get. I lost my first VFR to it back in 2007. Take care, my friends, because the trucks that drop that stuff, don't.

3. Thanks, I've taken the opportunity of mentioning it at other sites and emailed the RTA, hoping they may do something about it.

4. I went up and down this afternoon, and it seemed ok, was wet and a bit of dirt from some collapses on the side but no oil. either they cleaned it or the rain and traffic over the few days has taken care of it

5. The ammount of rain we've had in the last 24 hours you could safely close and lock this thread :LOL:

6. actually when i just went down and back it rained a fair bit, and not sure if the rain brought it back up, but there was quite the deisel trail on the way up from top to bottom, a trail of drops and bigger splotches some on the riding line a bit too especially in corners

7. No doubt whatsoever that rain brings the diesel back to the surface, but it's also a fact that the wet road makes the diesel patches much more visible as well.

8. was very nice this morning while all the Wollongong drunks were sleeping off New Year's celebrations......

9. Yep was clean as a whistle late this afternoon, the only hazard was the highway patrol car following right on rear

10. Might go and check it out tomorrow.