Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[NSW] Links to traffic laws in NSW

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by krabi, Mar 9, 2008.

1. So, being new to the Netrider community I did what I think everyone else has done, look at all the legal stuff on lanesplitting etc. I looked at the wonderful advice ASK A POLICE gave. What I did notice though was a lot of hearsay and very little actual source quoting of actual legislation. Rather than "I heard it from a mate who had a mate that..." I decided to look up the laws myself. I tell you what, there were many things I was unaware of that I could and could not do as both rider and driver. I thought I'd help out by saving you folks some hours of searching (that's what I did) and send you straight to the sources.
    I hope this might help some of you out there. It is content thick, but at least it might serve as a small reminder of what we can and can not actually do as drivers and riders. Also, you will notice a lot of things these laws don't regulate.
    Oh, a little piece of advice, don't try and act all bush lawyer if a person in blue pulls you over, they do have discretionary powers that can nail you for whatever.