Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW licensing

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by cookie, Jan 22, 2008.

  1. Hi guys

    I seem to remember when doing my learners for the bike something about being able to ride really small scooters, eg 50cc without a licence. or is it just a restriction thing?
    just thinking about something for the lady.

    cheers guys

  2. In NSW you need a license to ride any scooter, even 50cc. Qld and some other states allow you to ride them with just a drivers license, but not here - and imo thats a good thing.
  3. Well model airplane people should be licensed, then, dammit :LOL:.
  4. Darn it,

    so if i'm moving upto syd and take my scoot with its SA plates on it I still fall under SA's licensing laws?
  5. If you move here, you have to change your license to NSW after a certain amount of time.. perhaps 3 months or something. But if you're just visiting, you follow the licensing regulations of your home state.