Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW NSW licensing

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Kalihora, Jul 6, 2016.

  1. I'm moving to NSW from QLD, and just applied for a NSW licence.

    I've been given the receipt until I get my actual license posted.

    My license is from 2014 and open driver's license and RE open from QLD. I think I have the unrestricted rider's license in NSW.

    I just realised that the classes are written as CU and RU with a condition S which is wearing glasses.

    But what is the U stands for?

    Any ideas?

  2. I can't find reference to a 'U' code. There's a 'V' code, which means "The holder must drive only a motor vehicle fitted with specified driver aids, or modified as directed in writing by the Authority or printed on the licence." Is that what you meant?
  3. No it's definitely a U.
    Could it be something like a temporary condition until I get the actual license?
  4. U = unrestricted, so not a P1 or P2 license.
    'swat they told me last Friday at the Hurstville RMS when I received my full license.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. inneresting.. my unrestricted licence doesn't have U for either (but was printed 12 months ago)
  6. Unrestricted for cars as well?
    Like supercharged and stuff?

    And mustn't I have to do a practical test for upgrading to unrestricted rider's license?

    Oh and I still have my QLD license with me as well. I asked if I should hand it over when I receive the actual one, he said keep it in case if I go back.