Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW laws about restoration of at 1966 Vespa

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by Evil R, Jul 23, 2009.

1. what are the registration and inspection laws if I want to restore an old vespa?

Does anyone know?

2. If it was an Australian import, then blue slip only, then rego.

Oh and; Welcome love.
  3. would be the same as a new vespa. IIRC
  4. Ditto ibast. Also you could get "historic rego" dirt cheap BUT if you just wanna ride the thing when ever you want to, forget about that and do normal reg.
  5. Would love to see what you are doing with it Evil R, are you able to post any pics (or I think maybe you might have to do a certain number of posts before you can).
    Still if you have an opportunity to, would be nice to see.
    Have you seen Sandy at SS Scootering in Newtown?
  6. thanks for that

But also i see some vespas without blinkers and wanted to know if its legal to have no blinkers on vespa, as it look much better without them
  7. yeah I will keep you updated on how things go.

Just going to buy an old wreck and try to fix it up.

Thanks I will go and see SS Scootering in Newtown
  8. I think blinkers only become mandatory on bikes in the 70s. check with the RTA
  9. So.. do you have to fit blinkers to a scooter for rego if it originally didn't have them?

I ask because my 1954 lambretta didn't have blinkers. Or brake light. Or mirrors.
  10. I don't believe so. It's a bit like a late 50s car without a seat belt.
  11. i parked my yamaha 600cc non scooter :LOL: next to a beautiful 1960s genuinely restored vespa scooter in crows nest sydney one day. some bastard had knocked it over once and the owner pointed out the dented rear wheel side panel to me.

some people have no shame! such a beautiful bike. i am sure your will look equally amazing once done! good luck.