Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[NSW] Kawasaki ER6N Learner legal?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by davidxhn, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Was woundering if the KAWASAKI ER6N was learner legal in NSW. Had a look on the RTA, the bikes not in their list.

2. much better (onya smee :) )
    if it isnt listed here then unfortunately it is above and beyond the power to weight restrictions in place in NSW.
    i notice the ER5 is listed :!:
  3. Before I bought my bike I was in Flywheels in Alexandria and they said they are working on shedding 1 or 2KW to make the ER6 learner legal (i.e. restricted exhaust, throttle restrictor. etc)

don't know if there was any progress or they were just trying to get me to buy the bike, but they "seemed" genuine enough

4. They might be able to do that, but getting ANYTHING through the morass of NSW's utterly corrupt RTA is yet another matter. As joel says, if it ain't on the list, it ain't.....
  5. No its not.

Its about 50kw, would need to shed considerably more than '1 or 2' ;)

Will be awesome when someone had the brains to organize restricted versions of er6, sv650, etc.
  6. ahh so it was them trying to get me to buy one

guy was saying it was only a little over 150kw per tonne i didn't bother doing any research

Thanks for that.

7. Its about 200kw/tonne with an 80 kg rider

FYI, an R1 is close to 600kw/tonne with 80 kg rider
  8. Anyone know what formula does RTA use to calculate kw/t ratio for the bikes?

If you take ER5 for example it's around 37kW on about 175kg dry weight which is more than 210kw per tonne ...
  9. The tas version adds 90kg for rider and oil/water/fuel which puts the er5 at 139.6kw/tonne
  10. +80kg rider