Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[NSW] Hunter Valley Bikers 5th Annual Memorial Run & Service

Discussion in 'NSW' started by ForumBot, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Added to Calendar by: rourkster

This ride is being organised by the Hunter Valley Bikers and I have taken the privilege of posting it here to see if any Netriders are interested. 10am start at Frasers Motorcycles Broadmeadow where breakfast will be supplied by the boys from Harleys-4...

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.

2. Thought I'd transcribe the full info over to here rather than having to follow the link. I'm a definite for this ride and hope to see some Newcastle/Central Coast riders there.

3. rourkster sorry i can't make the memorial run :( . :idea: if anyone is up to a ride down to the road warriors swap meet i am keen. Ross
  4. Obviously Im there for this one. So long as it's not pissin down. I think we're had enough of that recently. Should be a sweet little run.
  5. another poor excuse

again i can not make it. i am still really keen to go on these rides, i went on the winter blanket run these blokes did and it was fun. but hopefully next time! when i couldnt go on the map of tassie ride, we did similar on the public hol monday, just not down to wisemans ferry. the wollombi tavern was chocca's. good roads too. have fun on sunday folks.
  6. Hi guys, because of work giving me VERY short notice that they needed me to work sunday, I probably wont make it, though, if i can get out early enough, I may show up along the way. I think i still have your mobile number Simon, so i may give u a buzz at some stage.

weather is looking good too!

take care

7. Simon if you check this on the morning just give me a quick ring on the mobile before you head off and I will arrange somewhere to meet you.
  8. For those that missed this event make sure you mark it down in your calendar for next year. In excess of 100 bikes thundered up Lambton Rd from Frasers and basically stopped traffic & pedestrians down to the Catho Pub. It was quite a sight. I've never been amongst so many bikes and whilst it was a bit scary at times, it was also strangely exhilirating. After refreshments at the pub we headed off through Wyee and Morisset and up the freeway to Mt Sugarloaf for the short memorial service and the placing of plaques for fallen riders. Quite a moving ceremony on top of the mountain with the city of Newcastle and Lake Macquarie below us as a wonderful backdrop. There was plenty of steaks & snags courtesy of the Longrider boys and it was great to sit around & chat with other riders and check out their mounts. The perfect weather added to the occasion.

In summary - do yourself a favour and seriously consider this event next year!