Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[NSW] HRCA/SCM Ride to Appin, Sun Jun 21st

Discussion in 'NSW' started by ForumBot, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Added to Calendar by: Ed

Date: Sunday 21st June 2009.

Meet at McDonald’s, Windsor Road, McGraths Hill.

Meeting Time: 8.30am
    Departure Time: 9.00am

Route: Windsor Road to Northern Road. First stop at Wallacia, then The Oaks and on to Nattai Lookout, which overlooks ...

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.
  2. The Weather?!?!?

Hope it doesnt rain too much on Sunday
  3. Herm. I'll be at the 200th Anniversary of the founding of the church at Ebenezer that day. Rats, I'd like to have done that ride.

Sunday's weather looks to be improving - but some rain is likely to occur on our ride, especially near the coast. Wet weather gear is highly recommended ...

Our route has changed a little due to a construction zone at Nattai Lookout - the entire parking lot is closed-off as is the lookout viewing area. Our new stop/viewing location will be at the actual dam site located in the Warragamba village. It's a nice location if you've never seen the actual dam structure - but the view is not nearly as scenic at Nattai (in my opinion).

Also, we will be taking Chain-O-Ponds road, off the Northern Road into Wallacia - our first scheduled stop. It's a rather good, scenic and semi-twisty road.
  5. weather looks clearing up - so Im IN!! :grin:

Fasteddie I'll see you and the others at Shell Lanecove.
    Old Windsor rd on a cold morning is too straight & boring to ride alone.
  6. Thanks R-K-O

We'll be departing from the Shell Servo (AKA The Space Station) at 8:00. The Servo is on Epping Road, about 2kms from Sydney City Motorcycles Lane Cove, heading towards the M2.

We'll travel via the M2, refuelling at that large Caltex on Old Windsor Road. It's just after a set of lights. If anyone doesn't have an e-tag and wants to pay cash on the M2, we'll wait for you about 1km beyond the toll gates.

Weather permitting, I think we will get a good turnout for this ride & everyone is welcome to join us.
  7. Latest update from HRCA/Mark Thompson (ride coordinator)

Sundays weather forecast predicts rain at this stage, (95% chance).
    If our ride requires cancelling, I will cancel it at our meeting place at McGraths Hill. The safety of all involved is paramount.

Also, the Nattai Lookout is closed for upgrades, as a fall-back plan, we will stop at the Warragamba Dam viewing platform instead.