Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Greenslip Prices

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by talon, Jun 23, 2008.

1. After selling my old bike a couple of years ago, I have accepted that motorcycling is a long way from out of the system, and have decided that a bike purchase is the only way to go.

After looking at things like costs for not only the bike, but insurance etc, I have found out it will cost me $150 approx. for an up to 300cc greenslip and $410 approx for an over 300cc greenslip in NSW.

With LAMS being introduced into more states, perhaps its time that CTP Greenslip prices were based on LAMS, rather than the old under/over 300cc limits.
  2. I'm working on a similar proposal for Victoria at the moment. I raised it at the last VMAC meeting. It certainly makes more sense than the current limits.
  3. My greenslip will be $170 (WR250F) and would be $511 if i went over 300cc.. i just sold my car for the same reason.. and fuel costs
  4. Also need to keep in mind where you live plays a part in your greenslip cost.
    Certainly didn't $410 for our greenslips on the 600's
  5. Sucks to live on old pacific highway then.. $10 million per year for greenslip :LOL:
  6. :LOL: Well its a good thing we dont live anywhere near it then :p
  7. Male / 19 / L / VTR250

CTP was all around the $280 mark, bees dick in it.. I think 284 was the highest.

3rd Party was around $200.

Don't quite understand why 3rd party is cheaper :shock:
  8. m/29/south coast nsw - CTP $308 or $508 if i didnt have full comp.