Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

(NSW) Gosford council orders rangers to book mobile cameras

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by waedwe, Nov 4, 2010.

1. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...amera-war-erupts/story-e6freuzi-1225947500093

I don't think it will stop them, but if a few more councils get in on the act rather than making themselves nuclear free zones it could get interesting. Or maybe they are just pissed off they were left out of the revenue stream

2. It would be nice if other councils do it, but at the moment in NSW the Labor councils will do exactly as told by the state Government.
  3. It's one very nice start.
  4. ...I see an amendment in the very near future, aka Vic legislation style. :roll:
  5. All I can see happening is the taxpayers funding tge court costs when Macquarie Bank or whatever company they run under appeals the fine.

Wish more councils had a spine like Gosford does.
  6. Can't be a bad thing.
  7. I'm moving to gosford :p
  8. :cheeky: I beat ya I beat ya lol

Could be good for the rest of us if we're parked a little on the otherside of legal if the rangers are going to be pre-occupied hunting mobile cameras. Question is, do the rangers get hunting caps a la Elmer Fudd and do we have to be "vewy vewy qwiet".
  9. Rage. I just don't know where to begin with this.

Also, rofl at the comments.
  10. ACT speed vans have no qualms about blocking visibility and pedestrian access if it means they get an ideal spot. Plus they have the nerve to put signs on them that say "do not approach" which is a little odd when they park on a footpath.
  11. Walk up to it, stare in the window and masturbate. See what happens.
  12. Public place...try stopping me van driver. I'd take a camping chair, a packet of chips and a placard saying "sleep kills"...****wit state governments...
  13. Take your chair and chips a little further up the road and write Mobile Speed Camera Ahead on your sign - you will be much loved.