Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[NSW]Flaggies wanted

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Chuck41, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Hi all
    My names Chuck, and I'm the Flag Marshalls co-ordinator for the Post Classic Racing Association (PCRA). Like any sport at club level, we rely on the good grace of volunteers to be able to run our race meetings, and Racing of any type requires more than it's fair share of Flag Marshals, start/line, pit exit marshals, etc. We also need people in the tower, on the radios, pickup crews etc. Most of these positions are filled by a great bunch of people who do the job meeting after meeting, but there's always room for more. I'm currently in a really good position of having a small band of flaggies, most of whom have put their hand up earlier this year, and have enjoyed it so much that they've kept coming back.

So this is not me begging...this is me notifying!

If anyone would like to be involved in motorcycle racing as an official, this is the way to start. I have positions available on several flag points for the next round at Oran Park GP circuit, 28 Sept 08, No experience necessary, lunch and water provided, and a reserved seat at one of the best vantage points on the track, so if you would like to come along, give me a call
    0437 507 490

2. Damn sure that I wouldn't want to be racing, with flaggies drawn from the streets.