Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Fined Out - for those with fines

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by robbie55, Jun 23, 2010.

1. can you read it & produce cliff notes ?

Its too long for me :)
  2. Yeah its pretty long - I think its best just to refer to in the event you have or are expecting a fine.

Some points you may or may not be aware of;

*There are now more reasons/opportunity for a review. EG not receiving a caution when one may have been appropriate/sufficient can be grounds for a reduction/write off of fine. See page 13 for when you could expect a caution rather than a fine.

*you can write to the SDRO to have PART of a fine reduced (I'm speculating here but a bike takes less space than a car - perhaps a reduction in parking fine or somthing along those lines)

*If you receive a suspension notice, you can apply prior for a "good behaviour period" assuming you are on an unrestricted licence and retain your licence. This is a tough choice though as you may lose your licence for double the original suspension period if you collect 2 or more demerit points in the next 12 months.

*useful contacts for free advice at Legal aid offices and community legal centres at the end of the doc
  3. American cops are much more reasonable, cops here only act tough in front of motorists. They should spend more time catching real criminals.