Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Demerit points with gold car and learner bike kicense

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by spadamasta, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Hey Guys,

Just wondering what the deal is in NSW with having 12 points on my car license and just attaining my learners. If I lose 3 points in a car, does it come off my bike license as well? Sorry, very confusing. Any help is appreciated.

2. according to the instructors at stay upright, if you lose 3 points at all you wilkl lose your L's, but i have heard other stories, best bet is to just ring the RTA and ask them straight up
  3. Off the RTA website, under the "MyRecords" section.[/quote]
  4. Im unsure about this too.

I have a gold car license with 6 points accumulated. When i do my l's for the bike does that mean as soon as i get my l's i lose them because i already have 6 points on my car license ?:LOL: I doubt this..
  5. From past experiences you don't have points on your L's but its a different story for P's.
  6. easy answer, L's is a permit, not a licence. If you are caught on your car, this actually will not affect your L's. But if you lose your licence, then L's are suspended as well.
  7. actually you got 3 point on your learners in NSW ofr motorbikes only as your not accompanied by a licenced drive all responsiblity is placed on the rider
  8. PS: there is no gold good behaviour license in nsw any more.
  9. i got done for 3 points on my Ls, i just lost em for my car license. if i didnt have a full car licence, the cop told me i would have lost my Ls