Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW - Cost to rent bike for P's test?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by TWEET, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Just wondering if anyone can tell me what it costs to rent a bike for the P's test in NSW?
    What insurance excess is there if any?
    What deposit if any?

Thanks

2. at stay upright for your P's it was $130 when i did it. ive got a feeling its $150 now though. im pretty sure that includes everything, not like the Sydney City courtesy bikes which has a $2000 excess :LOL:

3. yea its $150 now

4. I'm going for my P's on Monday. I have a Hyosung GT250R but with the sports riding position it makes it difficult to do the cone weaves and u turn within a 6.1 metre square.

Everyone tells me its a piece of cake on a trail bike. Is it just as easy on the CB250's at Stay Upright or a Vespa style scooter?

What is the cheapest way to get my hands on a trail bike and where from?

Cheers.

5. Having a friend with a traily helps.

If not, just man up and do it on the gt250r. It will require you to really learn the skills that they're trying to enforce in you. If you ride in any sort of traffic I think the P test is a great way to learn how to ride slowly. IMO its their way of ensuring that you can lanesplit/filter properly :D

6. At HART - St Ives it was $130 last month - I know cause I paid for my son to rent it...

Now there is an idea..
    get your parents / significant other to pay :)