Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW cop accused of ‘sack whacking’

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Macaroni646, Mar 29, 2016.

• Like Like x 2
  1. The poor kid's Dad's line is the best though:

“He told me that every time he walked past him, he (Insp Lonergan) flicked him in the nuts,” Mr Kirk said.
  2. #3 chilliman64, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    it's straight out of the schoolyard bully's handbook.

the way to stop it would have been to charge him with assault

assaulted nuts I hear you say...
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Yeah, because every guy consents to having their nuts back-handed every time a superior passes.
  4. So the evidence was not really a case of black and white..................

The complaint sparked an internal police investigation

More black and blue.
  5. Didn't know the internet was such a serious place.
  6. This kind of stuff happened in my (boys) high school all the time, along similar lines as 'Friday Tie-day' and 'Pinch and a Punch'. Just adolescent boys being dickheads to their friends. If you didn't like it, you'd tell the other bloke to piss off, maybe warn him that next time you'll return the favour with a closed fist.

It's a different story when it's in the workplace and it's coming from a senior colleague. Different power dynamics (real and perceived), more at stake than some schoolyard giggles at your expense. Makes for a funny headline but imagine how comfortable you'd be at work when you have a superior belittling you with unwanted physical contact on a regular basis.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sounds like someone has been promoted well beyond his maturity level,and these blokes are armed.How could he think this was ok in this day and age.
  8. Oh, I can imagine how I'd react. I think this is why they didn't give me a gun in my current job. Had a guy blow in my ear once at school while I was using a lathe, which I thought was inappropriate. He didn't need stitches but only because he was quick.