Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[NSW] Carlingford Rd, west bound . . . . camera ?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Mickyb V9, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Does the speed camera there take pics of West bound traffic ???

I swear it doesn't but tonight I got a flash ! :eek:

It was from in front, i'm sure there is no camera facing west ! . . . or is there ?

Good we don't have front numberplates !
  2. Haven't been out that way for a while but from memory I think its only on the school side facing east (so it gets the rear of eastbound bikes only).

They've build a crossover bridge and fences for the kiddies at that school now too I think. If they were interested in kiddie safety they'd move it to a school crossing with more risk.

This is just me sharing my riding philosophy and I don't want to sound all soapboxy. I don't ride strictly at speed limit much but do I include speed traps as road hazards... the speed camera that flashed you could have been a truck pulling out. I do recall that westbound just after that crest with the camera there is a sidestreet with a fruitnvege shop(?) and cars were always pulling out of it dangerously...
    Observe Assess Respond blah blah blah.