Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[NSW] Blue slips and pipes?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by ginji, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Looking at buying a bike interstate, which means I need to get a blue slip in order to register it here in NSW. The bike comes with a set of Micron pipes, am I going to have an issue with the noise in getting my blue slip? Anyone have any experiences with this?

Edit - for the record, the bike is a VFR800, so no pipes is pretty much criminal on that V4 :)

2. And to answer my own question, I did not have any problem getting the blueslip, but it might be different for someone else :)
  3. blue slip wont be a problem. BUt if u need to do an rta check then it might . rta check is $540
  4. Blue slip was no problem, RTA check was not required. Pipes were a touch meatier than standard.

Dont forget to put into Vicroads for a refund on TAC premium and Rego prorata, unless you bought it unregistered.
  5. Queensland rego, and that's all been organised :)