Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[NSW] Bikers Bushfire Brigade Bash, Sun Mar 25th

Discussion in 'NSW' started by ForumBot, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Added to Calendar by: Marvin

Once again the annual motorcycle ride for the Rural Fire Service from McGraths Hill to Lithgow is on. This year it is on Sunday 25th March, leaving Maccas, McGraths Hill at 10am (registrations from 9am)

Cost is $20 per person and this will get a ful...

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.
  2. I thought I'd post this up as it is for a wortwhile cause, and a good day out by all accounts of last year.

3. I will absolutely be there for this one. Like the thread says, these blokes and chicks do an incredible job at the worst possible time, at the very least flogging themselves to exhaustion and at the worst, risking their lives to help other people.

And considering that pack of assholes the Blue Mountains call a council gave these guys grief after they had just gone and saved a few suburbs, I think we should all get behind them, not only to raise some money for them but to say thank you because they didn't get a thank you after the last round of fires.
  4. dunno if i'll come on this one.
    I have a ride organised for Saturday . . .
    We might change saturdays ride with this one . . hmmmm, i'll think about it.
  5. I'm up for this one, as Gregg says, a good cause and should be a fun day.
  6. Ill be there

Ill be there for this one....with my 2 new loves :grin: the man and the bike........ :p
  7. See you punks for a Sausage and Egg McMuffin Meal at 8:30am.
  8. What, you won't be nursing an election night hangover after we celebrate the triumph of the hard working, everyday NSW voter.....Yeah, me neither. See you there.
  9. So its to meet at 0830-0900hrs ?
    It will get packed.
    And you know how impatient I get at McGraths Hill Maccas !
  10. As opposed to when you get out on the road and leave everyone behind? :wink:
  11. Gregg, you displayed last night that your CBR F4i throttle does go pass 40% application and the one handed riding is hopefully the start of new things to come !! :LOL:
  12. I'm probably in for this one.... unless a better offer comes along.. :roll:
  13. i should be in on this one. provided i can get up in time. hope the weather holds
    :cool: :cool: :cool:
  14. Me 26 year old girl friend will be there , hope some others try to turn up :) :) , a big group it will be, and if im ten or under minutes late and micky shits the nest, im sure it will be easy to catch up to the massive pack off bikers
  15. So will it be Hog-Ric or Pantah-Ric on sunday ?? :cool:
  16. Pantah ric, :) a hog catch your bike unlikely, i will be riding a wide custom Dyna on Saturday, if the bank lets me ill bring that
  17. Gregg !

. . . . weather report ????
  18. Yep. And don't forget daylight saving otherwise you will end up eating 15 hash browns while you are waiting for everyone else to turn up.
  19. SYDNEY
    TAF YSSY 241638Z 241818 18025G35KT 9999 LIGHT SHOWERS OF RAIN FEW010
    BKN030 FM02 16020G30KT 9999 LIGHT SHOWERS OF RAIN SCT025 BKN035 FM12
    BLW 5000FT T 18 19 20 22 Q 1020 1021 1022 1021
    Wind south easterly at 40kph gusting to 60kph, light showers of rain, on average about 50% cloud cover at 3000 feet, top temp of 22, conditions easing slightly during the day but still a bit cruddy.

TAF YBTH 241833Z 242008 15012KT 9999 BKN040 FM00 12012KT 9999 SCT040
    RMK T 10 13 18 18 Q 1021 1023 1022 1021
    Wind east south easterly at 20kph, about 1/4 cloud cover at 4000 feet, top temp 18. NO RAIN!

So a bit of crud before we get over the top of the hill, fine on the other side. Could still be a bit shitty at Lithgow but it won't be getting worse during the day. Bring your wets.

20. Is that a widely used Military term ???