Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

{NSW} A Hidden Gem - 50kms of motorcycling gold!

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by 99CIBBER, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Hey All,
    I just had to share this awesome piece of road that I had the pleasure of riding a few weeks ago. Some of you may have already experienced this cracker and hopefully you'll agree with me on how good it is.

The road starts at Wondalga and ends in Rosewood. It's newly sealed and free of gravel and rubbish. It winds up into forrestry country and really is only there to service the timber industry. The climb is gradual with loooong flowing sweepers and good vision round corners. It was just a perfect sport riding road which will stay in my memory for a good while yet.

I'd just like to add that the owner of the Gundagai River Caravan Park reccomended this route, a rider himself he was more than helpful to suggest excellent roads in the region, so a big thumbs up for his help and great hospitality. The cabin we stayed in was great too, dirt cheap, clean and warm...perfect!

Attached Files:

2. That's my old stomping ground. I used to rally at Carabost Forest back in the 80's and 90's.
    That road should be fantastic.
  3. Fast R1, mate it was fantastic.. We were originallly going to ride down through Tarcutta and Westdale, with some unsealed sections through there.. So we were glad change our route.. There was some back burning going on in the forrest so there were fires burning next to the road and plenty of smoke to add to the surreal effect.