Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSR150rr Overhaul to due to bearing noise issue

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by Awang Azman, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Hi Guys,

I'm new here. I need to ask some question here regarding nsr150rr ( 1997 model the double round head light). I have some bearing noise issue with my nsr so I send the bike for over haul replace the crankshaft rod, crankshaft bearing, clutch basket damper rubber replace clutch plate replace., oil seal crankshaft replace, gear box bearing replace, con rod replace, all the oil seal has been replace. The only bearing that has no been replace are the balance bearing, water pump bearing, piston small end bearing.

When on idle rpm 1200 to 1300 the engine sound has no bearing noise. ( once the engine is hot the sound of the bearing is a bit louder) After the engine is rev ( rev the throttle) above 4000 or less rpm the engine make a bearing noise. ( Oil level after over haul i refill it about 800 ml). I use mobile one 20/50 W oil grade it is a mineral oil.

I has also replace the primary gear, balancing gear. But the engine make the same noise before the over haul.

Con rod bearing 6305 and 63/22 I think it is Taiwan or china. Price is about RM 14.00 for the 6305 and RM 26.00 for the 63/22 bearing. Is this due to cheap bearing ?? What type of bearing should i use for the con rod ??

If you guys has some experience with this issue please advice.

Thanks in advanced.

2. I think you need some Jousting sticks to fix that.
  3. I finally solve the problem guided by past experiences.
  4. So what was the answer? Not a common bike here so there wouldn't be much community experience on it.