Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSR150 inconsistent acceleration

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by nicka9x, Nov 16, 2009.

1. When accelerating from take off to 5k revs the engine is sluggish and between 5k and 6k revs the engine is even more sluggish and take awhile to get going but between 6k and 8k revs the acceleration is smooth and powerful and after 8k revs the engine really moves, smooth and fast. I have cleaned the air filter new petrol new spark plug cleaned carburettor and cleaned and adjusted power valves. My next step was to replace jets. Has anyone experience the same problem ?

2. has it ever been different? another nsr owner might chime in but that may just be the way an old 150cc 2smoker accelerates.
  3. Sounds like 2 stroke powerband dude.
  4. I had a feeling it was just the powerband but it seemed so exaggerated, to go from one extreme to another.
  5. My mates NSR250 runs crappy on 98 octane try using nothing over 95 and see if it changes.

When he uses 98 it coughs and splutters then power kicks in then out then in again at power band.

But when hes on 95 its constant up till power band then it's a rocket ship.
  6. or it might need a top end rebuild. common for the 2 strokes. my mate got his done and was running alot better.

maybe a slight bit of piston slap