Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NRMA Open Road: "Fix the Jam"

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Ktulu, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I happened to flick through the latest Open Road magazine this morning, over my bowl of Nutrigrain and a couple of Day Cold & Flu tablets [because Satan is now frigging around with genetics and this is my 3rd strain of the flu in as many months :evil: ]; when what should I see?

The following article about traffic congestion in Sydney!

I shall post the more interesting excerpts...

Oh yeah, Sydney's pretty f*$#ing exciting, Eric:
    - The tension as you wonder what glitch will screw our rail-network and plunge Sydney into chaos, this week.
    - The breathless rave-party atmosphere of sitting in the M5 tunnel wondering when the air will runout.
    - The thrill of witnessing a fist-fight between a truck driver who can't move and the car driver that thinks they should anyway.
    - The edge of your seat suspense at wondering just what petrol is going to cost tomorrow.

The Canberra and Adelaide ads cleverly address a point: Sydney's traffic is a huge and frustrating problem for those who find themselves in it.
    Mr Roozenfail misses that point to go straight to an events-hosted-/-lifestyle-d1ck-measuring contest.

Then the wonderful NRMA who are so wise and informed deliver the following solutions to the problem [ahh well, at least they're ahead of the state government... ie. they actually have a clue]:
    And not a single mention of encouraging 2-wheeled transport.

Do we have a representative from the MCC of NSW on these boards?
    Would they like to write to Open Road maybe? They're more an 'industry publication' than Sydney Morning Herald, for example... and perhaps are less likely to twist our solutions into 'stories'.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.