Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NR noob...

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by ross murray, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Hello there. New to Net Rider. Living in Melbourne, from Scotland, and looking for some advice on 2 piece motorbike suits. Riding a CBR1100xx Bluebird, so something a bit sportier than Harley style cruising suits. Also want to be able to do 'Superbike school' at Phillip Island, so something that zips together would be ideal. I am 6"5 with pretty broad shoulders. Dainese and Alpinestars don't fit at all. (up to size 60). Does anyone have experience with Mars Leather or Bikers gear au custom suits? Getting a 'made to measure' seems more and more like my only option, but i'm worried about quality/protection etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
    Ross

2. Hi Ross,

A custom made may be your only option. Try talking to one of the site vendors ozmotorcycleleathersozmotorcycleleathers he sells Gimoto suits and may be able to help you. Mars have a good reputation and have been the supplier for the Victoria Police motorcycle squad, not sure if they still are. Bikers Gear I think you may be in the same situation, I don't think they do custom suits.

There is also Tiger Angel leathers over in Reservoir. Quality stuff if a little dated in design now days.

Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome to NR...

6'5" you say...that's tall. Probably the tallest NR member...

as above..Tiger Angel is the best way to go.

4. Welcome Ross and good luck with finding something you like.