Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Now with a licence

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by mawhins, May 17, 2016.

1. Hi all, just signed up so I thought I'd introduce myself. I've ridden dirtbikes a fair bit and I've ridden on the road but apparently I've never had a licence, so after getting the s**** with catching the bus to work everyday I got the bright idea of getting back on the bike. I now have a learner's permit and I have a new bike, a 2009 CB 400 VTEC Revo blah blah blah it is absolutely awesome.

I'm in the process of customising it so far I've added blue LEDs to the Speedo tacho and I ordered a set of rear view mirrors with LEDs in the front and facing the Rider because I'll be buggered if I can remember to turn off that indicator. The bike already has a moriwaki exhaust which sounds pretty cool. And I'm thinking about rear sets because I'm 6 foot 3 and my riding position is just a little cramped at the moment.

I'll be doing the basic servicing myself so I'll be looking for good information online then hope to get a fair bit through this forum.

Ride safe

• Like Like x 4
  2. Welcome mate :cool:

Be interesting to see the speedo with the blue LEDs :)
  3. welcome aboard :)
  4. Howdy and welcome to the forums mawhinsmawhins :happy: Congrats on legalising your riding and getting back on two wheels.
    Great choice of a ride, but blimey, how did you manage to get your delicious 6'3" frame fit that little CB400 :woot:?! Amazing.... Love the bike, but didn't buy it as my knees were nearly at my shoulder level, and I'm only 5'7".
    Put photos of your bike when you can, with all those LEDs it should be very pretty (y)
  5. Welcome to the forum
  6. Welcome to NR mawhinsmawhins ,
    Pretty good bike there to begin with :) def put photos up by creating a showcase item, we wanna see those LEDs.

Lol I could hardly fit the CB400, so funny to hear people find it crammed!

Have fun with your newly acquired license ...
  7. #8 mawhins, May 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
    Thanks for the welcomes everyone. I'll show you the bike and the blue LEDs as soon as I get to 3 posts!

It is definitely cramped, oh well I still love it. I don't even know if rear sets will help much and they don't seem to be easy to come by.

My list of remaining mods in order of priority is:
    • Rear sprocket change to 36 teeth - the current 44 teeth means I'm sitting on 6,500 rpm when doing 100kph on the highway which is a big chunk of my commute.
    • Front fork springs - really soft at the moment under my nearly 100kg (could loose some weight I spose).
    • Mirrors with indicators and rider facing LEDs - maybe I'll remember to cancel them more often
    • Headlight conversion to LED - the current one isn't too bad I just want to go LED maybe with the angel eye and the halo!

Ha, I just found a for sale post for my bike.

2009 Honda CB400
  8. Sweet bike! Best colour scheme too :)
  9. Welcome to NR...
  10. Hi mawhinsmawhins . They are a sweet ride & I love the colour scheme too. Enjoy being legal :)
  11. gday mawhinsmawhins welcome to NR - nice pics in that link. I like the LED idea for the blinkers, can't wait to see a pic or two. by now you may have guessed we love pics around here.
  12. Good stuff.
    Commuting by bike sure beats the bus any day :)
  13. Oh yeah it's sooo much better. The catalyst for me changing to bike was watching a kid picking his nose and wiping it on the seat.

I'm saving so much time and I don't even filter as much as I could.
  14. haha ... but wait til you sneeze in ya helmet on a cold morning :yuck:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Hahaha, I've already noticed my nose was running this morning and there was nothing I could do about it I just let it run into my mouth! But hey it's my own snot.
  16. I had a mate spew in his helmet once after a night on the turps after a sudden highspeed near miss by a cage. the visor was down and he filled the helmet and couldn't see anything. managed to stop ok. the guy riding with him couldn't stop laughing. they were hundreds of kays from home on a Sunday with nowhere to get a new lid so tried to rinse it out. had to ride home with the visor open and was heaving all the way.
    • Funny Funny x 4
  17. Oh man that is an expensive spew. I presume he junked the helmet.
  18. as soon as he got back home
  19. Nice bike, love the paint scheme too - I've got the white/red.

I'm 6'1" and I don't feel cramped at all on mine but I guess 2 extra inches might make a difference.

I've done a bunch of work on mine, was a real pain to find info on this bike but I've worked out most things.