Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Now I've seen it all...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Cowboy1600, May 5, 2005.

1. An oldish bloke on a lates 80's BMW, flip face helmet...SMOKING A PIPE!!! as he went around the roundabout at the top of Swanston St.....

SMOKING A PIPE!!! He wasnt exactly crawling along either.....

2. mad. what a hero
  3. NEVER too old for multi-tasking :LOL: :LOL:
  4. Im definately getting a pipe
  5. Knew a girl who was a police officer. Came across a car accident one night. Car had hit a tree and judging by the damage at low speed, approx 20-30kmph. Bloke in the driver'ss seat was stone cold dead and had been for a couple of hours. Couldn't see how he died, didn't appear to be any nasty injuries. Coroner came along and assessed situation found a biro inside man's mouth. Apparently crashed while driving with a pen in his mouth, gone through his pallet and into the base of his brain. Lay odds on that rider wouldn't have a pipe in his mouth if he'd seen this accident.

6. for about one week..... then, being a human, it'd be right back in there.

7. Maybe someone can suggest this to Glen, and he can blow the smoke down his jacket to keep the bees out.
  8. european wasp , not a bee and i still have a corky left tit because of it :LOL:
    the doctors recon 6-12 months before all the poison disperses from the muscle there , and it left a scar too the little mungral :LOL:
  9. actually the chairman coped it twice to on our ride to reefton :LOL:
    but his got plenty of fat layers to protect him :LOL:
  10. On Tuesday, I copped a euro wasp on the adam's apple and believe it or not it bounced up inside the helmet and lay stunned next to my cheek until I was able to stop and get the helmet off. I was only 100 metres from home when it happened. Glad I wasn't stung on the cheek would have looked like a chipmunk for the next week.
  11. I've had 3 bees do exactly that...... Scary shite when I'm alergic to them, but think the impact of my chest knocked em out......

Shuddup you guys....
  12. wow.. thats a lot of bee attacks.
    I always have to save those morons from the pool. If they ever attack me it's drown time for their buddies.

13. AWWWWWWW GODDAMNIT!!!!! your no fun Strech!!!!! :p

But I tell you what the amount of times I've thought of doing that is AMAZING :D :D :D :D :D :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  14. Like Groberts said (and I'll deal with him later) I got bitten twice a few weeks ago. Next time it happens, can I use your chest?

Nodz, is there a trick to getting bitten on the Adams apple?

I can see this coming together nicely. I just need to get the chest, the Adams apple and a wasp in close proximity.
  15. Chairman, no trick and I didn't get stung by it. Lucky, might have had trouble breathing otherwise. I've been stung many times by these things, most kids growing up in the UK seem to have some sort of immunity to them by the time they're ten...:LOL:...still hurts though.
  16. Bee stings

Got stung on the knee by a bee once while I was rding on the highway at 100k's. The sod of a thing hit my knee and stung me through my jeans. I thought I'd been shot. When I stopped the stinger was still stuck in the denim and my knee swelled up like a balloon.
  17. fluro yellow atracts them... guess what color is my vest when I'm out delivering mail??
  18. I rode through a swarm of bees on the way to work once. I was on the Eastern FWY near Doncaster road when all of a sudden a sea of black and then SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT!
    I looked down and i was covered in bees guts. Yellow sticky goop everywhere.
    I get to the last intersection before work (Preston), and I feel a sting on my stomach.
    Pull up at the gatehouse, off with the helmet and jacket, shirt, and there is a bee draging his arse around on my gut. My workmates told me that there were 3 stings in my neck.
    They used the tweezers out of the first aid kit and removed them for me.

Thankfully I'm not allergic to bee stings.
  19. Plexus also seems to attract wasps.

Before getting my bike licence, I was pillion on my exes busa, seeing as my visor was all scratched up and I couldn't see out of it, I used to ride with the visor up until the day a Euro wasp decided to wedge itself between my cheek and the helmet. After a nice swollen face for a few days, I decided it was time to get myself a new lid :oops: