Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Now I've Seen Everything - Scooter with a Sidecar!!

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by mjt57, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Now I've seen everything, I reckon. Yesterday in Pakenham (outer east of Melbourne) an elderly lady riding a scooter with a matching sidecar.

She seemed to be scooting along nicely too...
  2. Only because she didn't have to worry about falling over...
  3. Not that unusual - they've been available since the first Vespas
    Cozi (as in the sidecar that Chairman has) make specific Vespa models.

US Cozi site with lots of good pictures.
  4. Dad has a 1953 Maicoletta 250cc scooter with side car sitting under the house!
  5. Come on guys, you are pissin' on the birthday cake. :) :grin: :)
  6. Sidecar or not, I reckon no two-wheel vehicle is complete without a PET CARRIER!
  7. Hey mjt57 where have you been ?,scoots with the 3rd wheel have been around for eons, I must admit that there are not many on the road here in Aus but around the world they would be more common.
    I would prefer VMax to tow my sidecar than a Vespa tho :grin:
  8. Unfortunately, most of my riding has been confined to rural roads of Australia, where Vespas and the like are rare on the ground.

How many have you seen this week, or perhaps even this year? Past 5 years?

Whatever, I've been riding bikes since 1973, and other than a converted Lambretta that a mate had (3 wheeler, 2 at the rear, one at the front with a tray on the back) that he scored ex-APM paper mill, I've never seen anything like what I saw yesterday.

Having said that, if I'm scratching up to say, Licola this weekend, it wouldn't surprise me to see this same lady with a sidecar pax hanging off the edge as they 3 wheel slide it through the corners...