Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Now is the time to spend $A,000's!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Justus, Oct 29, 2007.

1. [​IMG]

2. heh heh, yep, I remember back in 1987 I bought WordPerfect 5.1 from the US for miles cheaper than I could get it here; the little ozzie bleeder was 87c!!!!
  3. I'm trying to pick up some goodies from the US for the bike, but was quoted US$200 for shipping for just one of the parts, and it was just an air filter :shock:.

4. ebay???
  5. Look elsewhere mate, I was quoted $60USD for a set of tyres, or was that tires................. :LOL:

And it's funny how I can't see any imported stuff coming down in price? Any wonder nobody likes local importers/distributors! :evil:
  6. Definitely Triway, it's a shame because this was a great store in terms of products on offer and interface. I also think the carrier was more expensive for a reason, but still, it was prohibitively expensive.

Does the site you bought the tyres off sell anything off? There are too many online bike stores in the US to go through them all :shock:.
  7. Thanks mate, I'll check them out!
  8. Definitely buying from there, the Joe Rocket Speedmaster is making me want to dig out the plastic at that price.
  9. i'm tipping the AUD to appreciate against the USD even further based on the growing interest rate differential
    with oil prices/barrel approaching $100US, time to start hoarding cheap fuel before the exchange rate falls again :p :LOL:
  10. I just bought some new gear (gloves, boots and jacket) from the US the other day. Normally its heaps cheaper, works out even better with the exchange rate being what it is!