Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Now im pissed!!

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by fingers89, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Hey all,

My bike has had some break issues and i need to replace the seals in the front caliper. Its a gsf250/ 250 bandit. My main problem is that i have the grey import version. Now, action suzuki in parramatta told me over the phone that i could order some right seals in for my bike, even when i said it was an import.

I arrived today, to hear them say that they dont touch imports and to try R B imports.

The trouble is that i have contacted R B imports before and they dont do anything for the bandit, because they didnt import this specific model (thats fair enough).

So my actual question is does anyone know where to get such seals, or even have them made up in the western sydney area. I know the time of year isnt going to help, but i figured i would get it out of the way.

I am a commuter (my bikes my only transport) but im also a shits and giggles rider. My main concern is about getting to work.

P.S Thanks for listening to my rant. Much appreciated.

2. Here I was thinking you drank too much.

That's what "pissed" means in Australia.

try www.findapart.com.au
  3. HAHAHAHAHAHa smee. Thanks for the link.

anybody else got any advice???

4. If it was ever sold in the US you could try bikebandit.com
  5. Brakes on the import are exactly the same as the brakes on the Aus-delivered version. Given that the Bandit brakes weren't made by Suzuki but were sourced from Nissin they're also used on other Suzuki models including the Across and some (all?) versions of the GS500. The same pads are also used on a huge number of Kawasakis but not sure if the rest of the brake assembly is completely the same.
  6. if it helps, I'm pissed :beer:
  7. Not all, my 2006 GS-500F has AJP-branded brakes.

Bikebandit might help you at least get a part number, as davesta said earlier

8. Ahh thought the newer ones might have updated the brakes.

Still it's certainly not an unavailability of parts that's stopping them from working on your bike. More likely they just like sticking to simple jobs they've done countless times before they can do in 5 minutes (and charge for 2 hours) rather than tackle something that would require a small amount of effort. Smaller dealers/mechanics are usually more helpful.